AROUND THE WORLD
What is it?
One of the leading international events for developers and creators of mobile applications in financial services.
When it took place?
The marathon was held on October 26 and 27, 2012 in Barcelona, the mobile world capital. The event was spread worldwide in order to attract the best professionals on the planet. We had developers from the Israel, Kenya, Mexico and the United Kingdom.
It was a great opportunity for participants to share a unique experience in the mobile world capital.
The FinAppsParty was organised by “la Caixa” with the support of Barcelona Digital. It was held as part of the BDigital Apps congress, which took place on October 30 and 31 in Barcelona (Spain).
24 hours. From 2pm on Friday, October 26, to 2pm on Saturday, October 27.
Once the marathon ended, each team had three minutes (plus one minute of questions) to present the jury with the applications developed over the 24 hours.
What was the aim of the marathon?
To distinguish the most innovative application prototypes that bring new functionality, performance, originality in the graphic image, browsing, usability, etc. to financial services.
The FinAppsParty goes international:
It was a unique experience with the top national and international developers.
After the success of the 1st edition, the FinAppsParty is broadening its horizons and going international:
- In the second edition, the call for registrations took place on a global scale to attract the best developers and creators.
- The FinAppsParty had five international partners who were in charge of pre-selecting the best app’s creators from EUA, Israel, Kenya, Mexico and the United Kingdom.
- The international pre-selected candidates joined by others chosen by the organisation from among the best candidatures submitted nationally and internationally outside of the partners main offices.
At whom is it aimed?
- Developers and creators of mobile apps from any country. Multidisciplinary teams, with a maximum of four people.
- 1st prize of €10,000
- 2nd prize of €2,000
- In order to award the high level of papers presented, “la Caixa” gave an additional 3rd prize, worth € 2,000.
What was be available to the teams during the marathon?
- Internet connection
- Supporting material such as electrical outlets, whiteboards, etc.
- Catering service
- Support of a team of expert and business mentors from la Caixa and Barcelona Digital to help participants throughout the marathon.
Starting point for creating apps
The organisation provided participants with a set of tools and data (APIs, datasets) so the developers and creators can implement innovative apps for the finance sector.